Our Core Values
I. Knowing God
• Calling people to faith (Romans 10:9-13)
• Challenging people to holiness (1 Peter 1:13-16)
• Equipping people for discipleship (Ephesians 4:11-13)
II. Loving People
• Building biblical community (Acts 2:42-47)
• Growing healthy families (Colossians 3:18-21)
• Embracing intentional diversity (Revelation 5:9,10)
III. Serving the World
• Unleashing gifted servants (1 Corinthians 12:1-7)
• Extending extravagant generosity (2 Corinthians 8:1-9)
• Developing missional ministries (Matthew 28:18-20)
Our Pathways …
… to Knowing God
• Relevant, creative, Word-centered large group gatherings
• Weekend services / youth / children / Bridges / women, etc.
• Consistent, compelling calls to follow Jesus
• Leading people to baptism
• The challenge to Spirit-filled Living
• The pursuit of personal disciplines
• Biblical literacy / spiritual disciplines / a personal rule of life
… to Loving People
• Teaching the “Heart for Home” Covenant / the “Faith@Home” Praxis
• The marriage relationship / the parent-child relationship
• Facilitating biblical community
• Life Groups / mentoring / spiritual friendships / hospitality
• Equipping God’s people to live for others
• Enabling radical, gift-based service in and outside the church
• Celebrating and enhancing cultural diversity
• Developing intentional ministry to the elderly in our church and community.
… to Serving the World
• Raising the level of personal involvement in compassion ministries
• Maximizing our redemptive influence – personally and corporately
• Evangelism training / “Invest and Invite” partnerships
• Deepening our sense of missions awareness
• Providing opportunities for personal involvement
• Teaching biblical stewardship
• Implementing a church planting strategy
Our Governing Criteria in this Process
1. Prayerful seeking of God’s purposes for Foothills.
2. The vision and strategy must be biblically and theologically sound.
3. We embrace and value simplicity and clarity.
4. The vision and accompanying strategy must be compelling.
5. The vision needs to reflect and honour our tradition and denominational heritage.
6. Dozens of conversations